Self Assessment filing for unincorporated landlords is live

We’re delighted to announce that we’ve released an update to FreeAgent for Landlords, our dedicated solution for clients with property income, that allows you to submit these clients’ Self Assessment tax returns directly to HMRC from FreeAgent.

The UK property (SA105) pages will be auto-populated where possible using the property income and costs that have been recorded in your clients’ accounts. If a client has other (non-property) income to include, such as income from self-employment, a full-time job, or one or more part-time jobs, you’ll be able to enter this manually and include it with their submission.

There are currently some scenarios in which it will not be possible to file Self Assessment for unincorporated landlord clients through FreeAgent. This includes the scenario in which you need to report property income and costs for non-UK properties (other than EEA furnished holiday lettings), or for landlords not resident in the UK, on behalf of a client.

For those clients with sole trader or limited company FreeAgent accounts, we’ll also be adding the ability to enter details for the UK property (SA105) pages manually and include them with these submissions, at a later date.